Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield a good fit for Chargers

Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield a good fit for Chargers

linlybest
Sure, a breakfast taco only costs a buck or two, but sometimes you want to sit down and splurge on a relaxing and stylish Sunday morning meal and let somebody else clean up.

That's the appeal of brunch. Rich dishes you wouldn't make for yourself, but which are great occasional treats. Add a glass or three of something refreshing, and the reality that Monday starts in fewer than 24 hours doesn't seem too pressing. Here are 10 great brunches, listed in alphabetical order. Whether you're looking for American, Tex Mex or Mexican comfort food, or something European, we have several possibilities to consider. We here at the Taste staff are always looking for good places, so if you have a new or an old favorite, please share your suggestions in our comments section.

On the menu: A $16 Sunday brunch special includes one drink (a choice of white, red or sparkling wine; mimosa; poinsettia; sangria; sake Bloody Mary; Alamo ale; Bud or Miller) with a plate served with mixed green salad or fresh fruit. It costs $12 without the drinks. Add a bakery tray for $3.50. Big plates include Lemon Pepper Fried Chicken, Spinach Eggs, French Toast Sandwich, Sunday Omelet and more.

Why we like it: This brunch is not only affordable, it offers some interesting savory options, including Duck Corn Hash and Fish Chips. Plus, the prix fixe pricing simplifies the ordering process. The setting is comfortable in a sophisticated, but homey, way. And, of course, that fried chicken served with mashed potatoes, green beans and crushed black pepper gravy makes any Sunday authentic jerseys wholesale better. Sundays

On the Menu: , $9.95; Classic Cheese Fondue for two, $16.95; Brioche French Toast, $8.95; Duck Confit Shepherd's Pie, $17.95; Croque Monsieur, $13.95.

Why we like it: An elegant but comfortable setting is a highlight of wholesale jerseys China this experience. Order from interesting first course and entr options, or try the Bubbly Brunch option, $22.95, that includes complimentary sparkling wine and mimosas, a choice of Pavil salad, onion soup or soup of the day; a choice of quiche Lorraine with salad, chicken cr mussels marinier, and petite steak and eggs; and a choice of cr br pear tart or chocolate bonbon.

On the Menu: Brunch buffet, $19.95, per person. Add $7 per person for mimosas.

Why we like it: Three tables of great flavors: all different types of salads, different main dishes and an omelet station. Between the number of items offered and the quality, just try to pick a favorite. Servers come around the tables regularly to keep the mimosa glasses filled.

Why we like it: Sure, many people like the Tex Mex items that date back to the restaurant's opening more than 75 years ago, but the real gems on this menu hail from the interior of Mexico, as well as the interior inspired items. If the weather's nice, grab a table in the back courtyard. Order one of the Sunday specials or a regular item of the menu and it's a very civilized Sunday afternoon.

On the Menu: Multi station brunch with unlimited Champagne, $38.95 for adults; children ages 5 12, $19.95; children younger than 5, free.

Why we like it: When it comes to brunch, this place sets the standard that other hotels try to meet. Carving stations, salad displays, fruits and cheeses, omelet and waffle stations, it's a heaving bounty that's even more about quality than quantity. Complimentary valet parking, too. Yes, it's downtown and on the River Walk, but there's no reason why tourists should have all the fun.

On the Menu: Eggs Benedict, $8.95; Dutch Omelet, $6.95; Hill Country Pecan Pancakes, $6.50; German Sausage Plate with two sausages, $13.95; Monte Cristo, $7.95; Breakfast Yogurt Parfait, $4.75.

Why we like it: Yes, you have to drive about 30 minutes to get here, but the experience is well worth it since the diverse menu is reasonably priced and the food is prepared to perfection. From the fluffy buttermilk pancakes to the perfect hollandaise sauce on the Eggs Benedict, we loved it all. Goodies from Gretel's bakery, such as Linzer Torte and Apple Strudel, sweeten the experience.

On the Menu: Greek yogurt, fruit, granola, $7; roasted mushroom and fontina omlette, $9; fried green tomato, Benton's bacon, soft egg, hollandaise, $10; beef cheek and cheese grits, $11; French toast, espresso syrup, pork belly, $11.

Why we like it: Although some of the menu items are familiar, this is not a typical brunch. Where else can you order beef cheek or pork belly for breakfast? Prepare for over the top dining and sit outside to complete to any lackadaisical Sunday. Or simply order the granola. Yeah, right. Saturdays and Sundays

On the Menu: Signature brunch dishes for $12: Croque Madame, Wood Fire Oven Roasted Salmon, Blue Crab and Cream Cheese Stuffed Crepes, Smoked Trout Sandwiches. Meze brunch dishes for $8: Mascarpone and Nutella Stuffed French Toast, daily frittata and Bacon and Egg Pizza.

Why we like it: The first two mimosas cost $1 each. After that, they cost $5 apiece. Did we mention that there are at least a dozen to choose from? The Bloody Mary bar includes a choice of regular or spicy, the latter includes barbecue sauce from Two Brothers BBQ Market. Oh right, the food . there's something for everyone, healthy or indulgent. Do not leave without tasting the Mascarpone and Nutella Stuffed French Toast. We recommend splitting it so you can live with yourself later.

On the Menu: Traditional or Florentine Eggs Benedict, $8; Chocolate Chip Waffle, $7.50; Crab cake hollandaise, $10; Steak frites, $12; Mimosa, $5; Bottomless Mimosa, $13.

Why we like it: Everything cheap hockey jerseys you want in a brunch Eggs Benedict, mimosas, omelets, main dishes without the hassles of too many dishes, attitude or high prices. Restaurant owner Jean Francois Poujol departs from the French bistro approach of the rest of the week to present American brunch standards and a few interesting departures while staying true to the flavors of these dishes. In other words, nobody's messing with dishes that work.