etween Cave, David Backes and Nordstrom, who beat Price from the slot for his fifth.Boston made it 2-0 late in the second period when Cave scored his first NHL goal with 26 seconds left. The 23-year-old, playing his 16th career game, was left alone in the slot with the teams playing 4-on-4.T

etween Cave, David Backes and Nordstrom, who beat Price from the slot for his fifth.Boston made it 2-0 late in the second period when Cave scored his first NHL goal with 26 seconds left. The 23-year-old, playing his 16th career game, was left alone in the slot with the teams playing 4-on-4.T

elaine95
VANCOUVER Brian Gibbons Jersey Womens , British Columbia — The old adage about wine does not apply to the Vancouver Canucks and Calgary Flames.While a bottle of red or white might get better with age, the Canucks and Flames believe they can only get better with youth. The predominantly young clubs, who both missed the playoffs last season, will begin to test that theory Wednesday night as the Canucks host the Flames in the National Hockey League season opener for both teams.“We are really young,” Vancouver center Bo Horvat, who was named an alternate captain Tuesday, told reporters. “We know where we are at. We know what people are thinking and saying about us, that we are going to finish at the bottom of the league. But that is great motivation to prove them wrong and a chance to prove ourselves this year.”Article continues below ...Horvat is at the forefront of a Canucks squad that will try to make due without retired Swedish superstars Daniel and Henrik Sedin. And, the Canucks do have plenty to prove after going 1-6 in the preseason.The most notable — and only pure new — young addition is center Elias Pettersson, 19, the team’s 2017 first-round draft choice, who was named the most valuable player in both the regular season and playoffs while guiding Vaxjo to the Swedish Elite League championship last season.Pettersson produced 24 goals and 32 assists in 44 games in Sweden in 2018-19. Canucks management will be ecstatic if he can come close to producing similar production in 82 NHL contests.But Pettersson, a likely rookie of the year candidate, is trying not to put too much pressure on himself after a strong preseason.“I can only control what I do in the moment and not think what’s ahead of me,” the 6-foot-2 Jaroslav Halak Jersey Womens , 175-pound Pettersson told reporters. “(My game is) getting better every day.”He will be the player without NHL experience in Vancouver’s lineup Wednesday, but the Canucks will give young wingers Nikolay Goldobin, Brendan Leipsic and Tyler Motte opportunities to secure permanent jobs after placing veteran forwards Sam Gagner and Darren Archibald on waivers earlier this week.“With these (other) young kids coming (up through the farm system), this could happen more and more,” general manager Jim Benning said in reference to veterans losing their jobs.Meanwhile, the Flames will feature several new, mostly young faces against the Canucks. Calgary’s newcomers include defenseman Noah Hanifin and forward Elias Lindholm, who were acquired in the trade that sent rearguard Dougie Hamilton and winger Michael Ferland to Carolina, and rookie forward Dillon Dube and first-year defenseman Juuso Valimaki — draft picks who both cracked the team’s roster and will be in the lineup Wednesday.“What (Dube and Valimaki) are going to face (Wednesday) is the hardest competition they’ve ever faced,” Flames general manager Brad Treliving told Postmedia. “This is a real NHL game.”Dube, 19, who hails from the Calgary-area town of Cochrane, Alta., expects that he and Valimaki will be able to handle the hard going of the NHL regular season after they captained the Canadian and Finnish world junior teams, respectively Steven Kampfer Jersey Womens , last winter.“Especially for me being from here, there’s going to be a lot of pressure,” Dube told reporters. “You’re lucky if you get to play with pressure because it’s means you’re in a good city and organization.” MONTREAL (AP) — Jaroslav Halak had a strong game against Montreal and former teammate Carey Price, and helped the Boston Bruins get a big road win.Halak stopped 22 shots for his third shutout of the season as the Bruins beat the Canadiens 4-0 on Monday night.Halak got his 45th career shutout and improved to 5-0-0 when facing Price.“It’s always nice to get a shutout,” Halak said. “From the drop of the puck, we played pretty good. For 60 minutes, we didn’t give them much. Our (penalty kill) did an outstanding job not to give them anything. … It was a team effort from top to bottom.”Joakim Nordstrom, Colby Cave, David Krejci and Brad Marchand scored for the Bruins, who snapped a two-game skid and leapfrogged the Canadiens for the first wild-card spot in the Eastern Conference. Boston was on the second game of a back-to-back after losing 4-2 in Buffalo on Sunday.Price, vying for his 300th career victory, finished with 31 saves as the Canadiens lost for just the second time in seven games. Montreal was shut out for just the second time this season, and first time since Oct. 11 against Los Angeles.“I don’t think there’s a whole lot that needs to be said,” Price said. “There’s no excuse for that. It was a perfect opportunity to get a big win for our team but we’re going to have to park that one real quick.”The Canadiens failed to capitalize on three power plays, extending their slump to 0 for 25 over nine games dating back to Dec. 1. Montreal turned the puck over 24 times and their 22 shots on goal were a season low.“I don’t think we were good anywhere on the ice tonight Laurent Brossoit Jersey Womens ,” Canadiens captain Shea Weber said. “There’s no excuse for that. We’re letting each other down. Guys have to look at each other in here and know that we all have to be better for each other.”The Canadiens looked sloppy in the first period, turning the puck over 11 times over the first seven minutes.The Bruins responded with their first goal at 2:21 after Michael Chaput’s turnover in his own zone. What followed was a give-and-go between Cave, David Backes and Nordstrom, who beat Price from the slot for his fifth.Boston made it 2-0 late in the second period when Cave scored his first NHL goal with 26 seconds left. The 23-year-old, playing his 16th career game, was left alone in the slot with the teams playing 4-on-4.The Bruins’ David Pastrnak scooped up the puck after the goal and brought it to the bench.“It feels really good, especially in a winning effort,” Cave said. “We played an unreal game as a team tonight. We rolled four lines, all three defensive pairings played good and Jaro was a brick wall back there. A recipe for success.”The Bruins picked up right where they left off in the third, scoring 46 seconds in. A defensive collapse by the Canadiens gave Krejci time and space at the side of the net for his sixth.The Bruins added to their lead when Marchand scored Boston’s fourth, on the power play, at 5:06. David Pastrnak made a clever pass on the goal, his second assist of the gameNOTES: The Canadiens recalled D Victor Mete after the game and assigned Noah Juulsen to the Laval Rocket. … Montreal D Jordie Benn was a healthy scratch for the first time this season. … It was the third of four meetings between the Canadiens and Bruins this season, with the road team winning each time. The final matchup of the season is Jan. 14 at Boston. … Krejci extended his point streak to seven games.UP NEXTBruins: Host Anaheim on Thursday night to open a two-game homestand.Canadiens: At Colorado on Wednesday night to open a stretch of six straight road games to close the month.