rks pulled Dell. Archibald scored moments later.Dell made 36 saves while starting in place of Martin Jones, who tied a career best with his eighth consecutive vic

rks pulled Dell. Archibald scored moments later.Dell made 36 saves while starting in place of Martin Jones, who tied a career best with his eighth consecutive vic

elaine95
Despite a loss in overtime the last time out Womens Justin Abdelkader Jersey , the Edmonton Oilers held their own against one of the NHL’s elite teams.Next up, Edmonton will face the defending Stanley Cup champions — a deep squad led by a seven-time goal scoring champion as part of a balanced offensive attack. The Oilers close their four-game homestand Thursday night against Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals.Article continues below ...“They’re deep up and down. You don’t win a Cup without being a really deep team,” Edmonton captain Connor McDavid said Wednesday.Coming off a shutout loss, the Oilers fell 6-5 in overtime to the Pittsburgh Penguins on Tuesday after a highlight-reel goal by Sidney Crosby.Now, Edmonton (3-3-1) has to slow down a Washington team looking to win consecutive games for the first time in 2017-18. Stopping Ovechkin — the league’s leading active goal-scorer with 615 — is key.A three-time league MVP, Ovechkin is off to another hot start with eight goals and five assists in eight games. He scored twice and added two assists to lift the Capitals (4-2-2) to a 5-2 win over the Vancouver Canucks on Monday in the opener of a four-game Canadian road trip.The 14-year veteran has a goal and five assists in his last three games in Edmonton. He also needs one power-play goal to tie Marcel Dionne for eighth on the career list with 234.“It’s almost like you know it’s coming, but there is nothing you can do to stop it,” McDavid said about Ovechkin’s man-advantage scoring.But Ovechkin is not all Edmonton must worry about. He is one of four Washington players with Nicklas Backstrom, Evgeny Kuznetsov and John Carlson, who are tied for the team lead with 13 points.“I would say Backstrom and Kuznetsov are as good as you’re going to find in the league,” noted McDavid, who has six points, including five assists Luke Glendening Jersey , in five career games against the Caps.Backstrom registered three assists — including the 600th of his career — in the win over the Canucks. Kuznetsov has two goals and three assists in a four-game streak, and Carlson is second in the league in scoring among defensemen.Cam Talbot is expected to start his eighth straight game for the Oilers despite surrendering eight goals in his last two games.“I think he’s been a lot more consistent this year,” Oilers coach Todd McLellan said Wednesday. “He’s been a reassuring goaltender for our group. When things haven’t gone well, he’s been there for us.”Meanwhile, Washington’s Braden Holtby is 7-2-1 with a 1.78 goals-against average, a .939 save percentage and two shutouts in his career versus Edmonton.McDavid has scored all nine of his points this season in the last five games.The Capitals will face the Calgary Flames on Saturday afternoon before wrapping up their first road trip of the season against the Montreal Canadiens on Nov. 1.“I think it is always important to have a trip like this early in the year,” new Capitals coach Todd Reirden told the Washington Post on Tuesday. “It’s (an) important part of growth of your team.” GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) — Arizona has lost its No. 1 goalie for the season and several regulars to significant injuries. But the Coyotes have not lost their fight.Christian Fischer had a goal and an assist, Richard Panik scored Arizona’s 12th short-handed goal of the season and the Coyotes snapped San Jose’s seven-game winning streak Wednesday night with a 6-3 victory over the Sharks.The Coyotes have won four of five and moved within four points of the final playoff spot in a tight Western Conference as they prepare to face another perennial postseason contender in Pittsburgh on Friday.“We realize what position we are in,” defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson said. “You look at the standings right now. It’s wide open.“We’re right there. I don’t know how, to be honest with you. A lot of injuries. We are just finding ways to get points. That’s what we have to do now. We’re playing hard, playing the right way.”Ekman-Larsson, Lawson Crouse Martin Frk Jersey , Alex Galchenyuk and Josh Archibald also scored for the Coyotes, the last two coming after the Sharks pulled goalie Aaron Dell in the final two minutes.It was Ekman-Larsson’s 108th career goal, tying Teppo Numminen for the franchise record among defensemen.Darcy Kuemper made 26 saves for Arizona, extending his winning streak to four games. Kuemper became the regular when Antti Raanta was lost for the season with a lower-body injury.Kevin Labanc had a goal and two assists, Evander Kane got his 17th goal and Logan Couture scored for the Sharks, who were playing the second of back-to-back games after beating Pittsburgh at home Tuesday.“It’s all hands on deck with that team,” Coyotes coach Rick Tocchet said. “They’re a Cup favorite, so it was nice to win that game.“The guys have done a nice job of having a day-to-day attitude. Short memories, work hard in practice, stick with the game plan and get some individuals playing better.”The Sharks had not lost since falling 8-5 to Calgary on New Year’s Eve and had given up only 10 goals in their last six games.“It’s tough since we were on such a nice run,” Couture said. “You never want to go crazy when you lose, but you’re disappointed when you lose, especially a division game and a game that in your mind is winnable.”Couture’s goal with five minutes remaining cut it to 4-3 http://www.officialredwings.com/authentic-adidas-mike-green-jersey , but Galchenyuk scored seconds after the Sharks pulled Dell. Archibald scored moments later.Dell made 36 saves while starting in place of Martin Jones, who tied a career best with his eighth consecutive victory in the 5-2 win over Pittsburgh on Tuesday.The Sharks dropped to 16-4-2 in their last 22 games.“We were uncharacteristically a little sloppy, a little soft,” coach Peter DeBoer said. “We knew we had to get our emotional level back engaged after the game last night, and we didn’t do it quickly enough or for long enough.”The Coyotes killed off three of four penalties and have given up an NHL-low 16 power-play goals in 137 chances, the best percentage in the league.NOTES: Sharks forward Marcus Sorensen played in his 100th NHL game. He has set career highs with eight goals and 15 points this season. … Ekman-Larsson (2011) and Crouse (2016) scored their first career goals against the Sharks. … Clayton Keller had an assist for Arizona and has 99 points in 131 games, poised to pass Max Domi as the quickest in franchise history to 100 points. Domi did it in 154 games. … Calgary (14) is the only team with more short-handed goals than the Coyotes.UP NEXTSharks: Play at Tampa Bay on Saturday, two weeks after snapping the Lightning’s 16-game point streak when Kane scored two goals to reach 200 in his career during a 5-2 victory.Coyotes: Host the Pittsburgh Penguins on Friday before a six-game road swing, three on each side of the All-Star break